- Number of Servings: Makes 4 servings
- Total Recipe Time: 25 minutes
- 2 boneless beef Strip Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or green onion
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Cooking instructions for Easy Beef Steak Diane
1 - Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove.
2 - Wipe skillet out with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Combine lemon peel and pepper; press onto beef steaks. Place Steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
3 - Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Carve Steaks. Serve with sauce.