- Number of Servings: Makes 4 servings
- Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes
- Cook’s Tip: One package (12 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked original ground beef crumbles may be substituted for ground beef. Omit step 2 and increase baking time 1 to 2 minutes. Proceed as directed above.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) thick prebaked pizza crust (12-inch diameter)
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, drained well
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Cooking instructions for Southwest Beef & Chile Pizza
1 - Heat oven to 450°F.
2 - Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; season with salt.
Cook Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
3 - Place pizza crust on ungreased pizza pan or large baking sheet. Spread salsa evenly on crust; sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Top evenly with beef, chilies, tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4 - Bake in 450°F oven 11 to 13 minutes or until topping is hot and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.