Celebrate Halloween with Spooky Beef Snacks
Halloween is coming up, and that means there’s a frighteningly good time to be had by all! Whether the kiddos are heading out for Trick or Treating or you’re hosting a hauntingly fab party, these terrifyingly tasty treats will add flavorful fun to your ghoulish going-ons.
Lucky for you, we’ve done a monster’s share of the work by assembling this magnificent list of killer concoctions that are guaranteed to be party pleasers! These Halloween recipe ideas are so tasty, it’s spooky.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ½ c. baked nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 2 tbs. taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4-4 ½ oz.) chopped mild green chilies drained
- 16 cubes (1 ¼ oz.) reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. water
For the sauce:
- 6 tbs. thick taco sauce
- 3 tbs. honey
What you do:
- Preheat the oven setting to 400°F.
- Place the tortilla chips in a food safe plastic bag and crush the chips into very small pieces. Set aside until ready to use.
- Mix the Ground Beef, taco seasoning and green chilies in a large bowl. Divide the beef mixture into 16 equal portions on a cookie sheet. Shape each portion around 1 cheese cube, completely covering the cheese.
- Place the egg and water in a shallow dish; beat with a wire whisk to mix well. Place the crushed chips in another shallow dish. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip each meatball into egg mixture and then roll it into the chips to coat it completely. Press the meatball with the palm of your hand to flatten it into a nugget shape. If necessary, coat the nugget with more chips. As the nuggets are formed, place them on the baking pan. Spray the tops of the nuggets generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven 15 to 20 minutes, until the nuggets are no longer pink in the center and juices show no pink color.
- While the nuggets are baking, mix the taco sauce and honey in a small glass microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until the sauce is warm. Serve the nuggets with the warm sauce.
For your little goblins, satisfy their excited stomachs with a fun Yummy Mummy Beef Pizza or Pumpkin Face Chili Pizza. Prepare the pizzas ahead of time or let them decorate their pumpkin’s face on top of their own personal pizza with these great recipes. Using sandwich rounds or pita bread as the crust make this a quick and easy pre-Trick or Treating meal.
Need something you can get on the table in 30 minutes or less? Our Spooky Sloppy Joes are sure to slow them down long enough to get a full, warm belly before heading out into the night!
These kid dishes are sure to fill them up with little prep and get them out the door for plenty of trick-or-treating. For more great beef information, including 30 minute recipes, videos, facts about beef and more, visit our website at www.mnbeef.org.